>I’ve been wanting to make some rainbow cupcakes for a while now and I finally had a good excuse to do it!! I’m going to a little family bbq with Mr. P’s Mom, Sister and family!!
Here are some pics from my adventure today!!
1. Make the batter and separate it. Then add the food coloring. I chose just to use the basic colors, because I’m only making cupcakes and not a full cake.
2. Spoon the batter into the pan. This was by far the most time-consuming part. I didn’t have enough red batter, but had extra yellow. Next time I’ll make more of the bottom color.
3. Bake using the recommendations for the specific cake batter. I ended up baking mine for 17 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Frost!! YUM. I wish I’d had some icing and a pastry bag, but they taste just as good this way!
5. See the little piece popping out?! Looks YUMMY!
6. And the finished product!!! There isn’t a lot of red, but it still looks amazing!! And it tasted pretty darn good too! Next time – less blue and more of the other colors! Maybe I just got a random cupcake this time, but oh well!!
So anyways – I’m excited to take some cupcakes along tonight!! It’ll be fun to hang out with everyone and enjoy being out of the house.
This entry was posted in Rainbow Cupcakes
. Bookmark the permalink