>Something has changed in me. I’m not sure what it is or why, but having a baby has brought out a side of me that I never knew existed. For the first time in my life I’m an extrovert (gasp). Yes… Me… The girl who would much rather stay at home by myself and watch reruns of Charmed. I have suddenly become extroverted and desire companionship and conversation with other women!
I used to have this weird fear of asking people to do things. I hated calling up people (especially if I didn’t know them very well) and asking to hang out or go somewhere. Now it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Within the last week I’ve met several new friends and I’m loving every second of it.
A few weeks ago I joined meetup.com at the suggestion of a fellow military wife. I’ve gone to a few meet ups and met a few amazing women who both have children! I have been the one to suggest going out for coffee and for the first time in my life I didn’t back out at the last moment. I’ve actually gone through with it and I’ve enjoyed it every single time!!! I’ve been busy every day and I couldn’t be happier!
So far this week:
- I had coffee with two different military wives. We spent almost 3 hours chatting both times!
- I went to a doctor’s appointment and waited for 40 minutes for the nurse practitioner to tell me that she wouldn’t insert my IUD because I was only 7 weeks postpartum and my cervix and uterus are still too soft. I’m glad she didn’t, because it could puncture the uterine wall, but still. It would have been nice to know that BEFORE I waited 40 minutes with a 1 1/2 month old.
- Jacob slept for 5 hours straight and the next night for 4 hours in a row! I haven’t slept more than 3 hours consecutively for over 7 weeks.
- I had sushi for the first time since before I was pregnant. It was yummy and a great birthday treat!
- I received flowers on my birthday and my house smells AMAZING!!
- Mr P sent me a gift card as my last birthday present and it couldn’t have been more perfect. The card even has a picture of Jacob and I on it! All I wanted for my birthday was to go clothes shopping – which I promptly did after getting the gift card in the mail. I officially have a new “mommy” wardrobe!!
- I found out that I didn’t get the job in Human Resources that I’d applied for. The Assistant HR director had it narrowed down to me and one other person and she chose the other candidate (who a degree in communications). I completely understand her decision, but it would have been nice. There still are a few positions at the hotel that she suggested I look into, so I’m going to spend this week and early next week working on those.
- I spent a day with my Dad and his wife to celebrate our birthdays. We went to a restaurant called the Cheeky Monk and had free belgian waffles!
- I discovered a new cookie recipe that I’m in love with – Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal…. Yum.
- I got to chat with Mr P online for the first time since March. It was wonderful to talk for over an hour each day!
- Jacob and I are headed to the pumpkin patch on Saturday to choose a pumpkin for the party on Sunday. A friend from work has invited us to her pumpkin carving party!! It’s the first time anyone from work will get to meet Jacob!
|The advertisement was unintentional, but it’s so cute they should pay us!!
|So serious and thoughtful.|